I told you the zoom on the Olympus SP-800UZ was amazing. I took this pic of people tanning in Central Park from the top of the Rock!
Every time I go to NYC I have to ask everyone I know for recommendations so I've compiled a list to share with all of you. We stayed at the Westin New York at Times Square (highly recommend!) the rooms are humongous and very quiet.
- Went to the top of the Rock (the $20 is so worth it and the view is amazing!)
- Got stand-by tickets to Jimmy Fallon outside the Rockefeller Centre (Betty White was one of the guests!) but didn't make the cut (sad face)
- Dinner at Mario Battali's OTTO Pizzeria (make reservations ahead of time!) the food is deelish, extensive wine list and the atmosphere is fun/casual.
- Bought half price theatre tickets at the TKTS Seaport Discount Booth (no line up at this one, the one in Times Square is insane)
- Wandered around SOHO (I wish I was rich!) and did some window shopping
- Delicious late lunch at another Mario Battali restaurant Lupa Osteria Romana (again make reservations ahead of time)
- NBC Studio Tour (I know it sounds cheesy touristy, but it's informative and we saw Betty White rehearsing for her big SNL show, so there!)
- Went to La Cage Aux Folles on Broadway starring Kelsey Grammer (Frasier!) so fun (I love drag queens)!
- Morning at MoMA (if you're going before the end of May you have to check out Marina Ambramovic's exhibit The Artist is Present)
- Went to Uniqlo (could have spent the afternoon there, it's filled with inexpensive basics and I wish we had one in Canada)
- Wandered around Little Italy and NOHO (so many cute streets)
- Went to Memphis the Musical on Broadway (LOVED!)