My L'il E is finally back to the living and it honestly brings me such joy to see. He was down and out with a fever, cough, runny nose and general malaise for five days and it took his awesome little personality with it. I missed his joyous shrieks in the morning, the thundering sound of his knees and hands scampering across the floor, and his giant belly laughs. I guess it's easy to take all of that for granted since he usually is a pretty easygoing kid. Now that he's 100% he's loving life again and I can tell that he's happy to be better too.
I stayed home to care for him last week and it got me thinking about sick days at home with MY mom when I was a kid. Here are the things I fondly remember:
- Mom coming into my room to check my temperature and then hearing her call the school to say I would be staying home that day....yeah!
- Snuggles on the couch watching daytime television like Mr. Dress Up and Regis and Kathie Lee.
- Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup and Allen's Apple Juice were always on the sick day menu.
- Wrapping up in the nasty old brown afghan I think someone must have made for us.
- Drinking hot lemonade....mmm.
What are your favourite sick day memories?