[gallery link="file" orderby="post_date"]
This year I fully embraced the wheat free lifestyle and with that came a lot of experimenting in the kitchen.
I love to eat good food, but because wheat is in almost everything learning to cook without it is a huge task. I took time researching and looking through many cookbooks and websites, I learned a lot about alternative flours and how to use them and now I'm embarking on 2013 with a arsenal of great recipes that actually taste good (not like cardboard!).
Here are our 12 favourite recipes of 2012. They are on a high rotation in our household.
- Homemade turkey soup - what else do you do with all that leftover turkey?
- Healthy blueberry muffins - the most popular post on FO, these are healthy and delicious!
- Dairy free carrot ginger soup - was a staple in our fridge until we discovered L'il E's tree nut allergy (oops!).
- Wheat and dairy free brownies - if you love sweet, sticky brownies these might not be for your, but I like them.
- Maple ginger granola - a nice twist on a traditional recipe.
- Gluten free mac 'n cheese - the ultimate comfort food so even us GF people need it!
- Wheat free raspberry muffins - my all time favourite muffin (yum!).
- Healthy cookie recipe - a pleasant surprise, you can put just about anything you want in these.
- Flourless lemon almond torte - delicious dessert if you're looking to class things up a bit.
- Quinoa burgers - even meat-eaters will chow down on these amazing burgers.
- Lemon cilantro chickpea quinoa salad - I have an unhealthy relationship with this salad (consume in large amounts!).
- Dunk-worthy gluten free chocolate chip cookies - Finally a gluten-free cookie that actually tastes like its wheat counterpart (happy face!).
Enjoy a less rumbly tummy!