I found another yummy cookie recipe (thanks Robi)! This one is dairy and wheat free and has no refined sugar.
Are you thinking cookie buzz-kill? Sorry!
I made these healthy cookies with chocolate chips and dried cranberries, but you could really use any dried fruit or nuts you want. The next time I think I'm going to use coconut and chocolate chips or maybe dried cranberries and walnuts. The possibilities are endless.
They don't taste like your average high-octane ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie, but your waist-line and your hypoglycemic-index will thank me later. Trust me! So here it goes.
[print_this]Healthy Cookie Recipe
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Mix ground flax seed with water and set aside (this is going to become your egg substitute, the ground flax seed and water turns into a sticky binding ingredient)
- Mix spelt flour, oats, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, dried cranberries, chocolate chips together in a medium bowl (you can sub whatever you want for the dried cranberries and chocolate chips)
- In a separate bowl mix mash banana and flax seed mixture together, then add vanilla and maple syrup.
- Mix wet with dry until well blended.
- Spoon onto cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
Happy baking! Tell me what your favourite combo is? Are you a raisins person? Or a dried ginger person?