I'm loving today! Just chilling at home with my baby boy and the Hubs.
After just two days back at work I feel emotionally drained (I missed L'il E like crazy!) so I baked a batch of chocolate fudgy brownies to help mend my aching heart. The sweet, warm aroma of baked chocolatey goodness is swirling around my house right now, but you would never know that these brownies are actually pretty healthy (thanks to my Gwynny cookbook!) Made with spelt flour, no dairy and no refined sugar you really can't go wrong with these tasty treats.
Want to try them too?
[print_this]Chocolate Fudgey Brownies
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (save the rest to drink with your brownies!)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or soy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup high quality chocolate chips (I use Camino Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9"x11" baking dish
- Sift spelt flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together remaining wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into your greased baking dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.
Enjoy with some tea, coffee or almond milk. Yum!