Since I won't be indulging in the usual Christmas tipples (Baileys, Rum and Egg Nog, Spiked Cider) this year I've decided that I'm going to make some fancy mocktails of my own. Suprisingly there are a lot of delicious recipes out there! These are courtesy of the LCBO.
1. Ginger Splash (for the more refined palette)
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add 1 tsp. diced fresh ginger, 3 oz. pineapple juice, and 2 oz. cranberry juice. Shake and strain into a tall glass with ice. Garnish with ginger and cranberry.
2. Sailor's Spice Nog (just one!)
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add 1 cinammon stick and 4 oz. of eggnog. Shake hard and strain into a rock glass with ice. Sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
3. Cider Snap Mocktail Punch (cozy afternoon with a book)
- Gently warm 8 cups of fresh apple cider, six whole cloves, five star anise, three cinammon sticks and 1/2 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg in a pot; do not allow mixture to boil. Simmer and stir often util heated through. Ladel cider into mugs and garnish with an orange wheel.