I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's Friday! Who needs a drink?
As the countdown to Christmas continues and you knock a few more holiday parties off your list this weekend I thought I would share a few tasty holiday cocktail recipes to spice up the party circuit (or perhaps the pre-drink).
Candy Cane Martini (this spells headache so if I were you I would just have one!)
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. vanilla liqueur
- 1/2 oz. peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz soda water
- crushed candy cane
- peppermint sticks or candy cane for stirring
- Rim martini glass with crushed candy cane
- Pour vodka, vanilla vodka and peppermint schnapps in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and pour into martini glass.
- For the the weakling you can top off with soda, but I would prefer this straight up!
- Serve with a candy cane as a stir stick.
If you're hosting a holiday party, I think this cranberry vodka punch recipe would make a great crowd pleaser.
Vodka Cranberry Punch
- 1 750 ml bottle of chilled vodka
- 8 cups of chilled cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 cups chilled ginger ale
- 2 cups chilled soda water
- In a large punch bowl mix cranberry juice and vodka well.
- Add plenty of ice.
- Stir in soda and gingerale and add any fruit you wish (I recommend floating cranberries!)
Please drink responsibly folks!