It's the first day of summer and this day always gets me excited about the impending three months of fun.
We don't have any grandiose plans to speak of (except a trip to NS to visit the fam) but I generally enjoy summer in Toronto. Many Torontonians high-tail it up the 400 (sit in traffic) leaving our little city nice and peaceful for those of us that aren't so lucky. Here's my top 10 list of the summer stuff I like to do right here at home:
- Laze away the day under a tree and people watch the hipsters at Trinity Bellwoods Park
- Play Ultimate Frisbee Monday nights - we're the Budgie Smugglers and we rock.
- Do some local food shopping at the various farmer's markets.
- Evening walks along the boardwalk in The Beach and daytime walks along the waterfront and in High Park.
- Window shopping with an iced latte along Queen Street West.
- Bixi (haven't tried yet, but plan on it).
- The Toronto Islands (how can I forget) and live music along the waterfront!
- Late night dinners on patios.
- Dolce Gelato on College West.
- Weekend BBQs and beers in our cute little backyard (our own piece of heaven in the middle of the city).
What are your favourite summer escapes in the city?