fresh strawberry spelt muffins
I hope everyone had a great Canada Day! We struck close to home as we anticipated #2's arrival.
To celebrate and use up leftover fresh Ontario strawberries I made these delicious strawberry spelt muffins. They taste amazing right out of the oven.
I love strawberry season! They would taste even more amazing with a spoonful of homemade strawberry jam.
Give them a try!
Fresh Strawberry Spelt Muffins
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (just whiz up some oats in your coffee grinder)
- A couple grinds of the salt mill
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk or non-dairy substitute like soy milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix flours, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl stir together milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined, then fold in strawberries making sure not to overmix.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and spring to the touch.