oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are delicious and they're wheat free. They taste like oatmeal raisin cookies because I used an oatmeal raisin recipe (courtesy of FoodDoodles), but nixed the raisins (blech raisins!) and subbed with chocolate chips.
I feel like I should be baking lighter more spring-like treats, but I'm still in hibernation mode, so these suit me just fine. Try them for yourself, they're sweet and not as crumbly as other wheat free cookies I've baked. In fact crumbling these up into a mug with almond milk is pretty deadly. My BFF (who I think is totally skeptical of my wheat free baking) told me they win cookie of the year, so they must be good.
[print_this]Spelt flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together oats, spelt flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue beating.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet, mix well then add chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pop in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for a few minutes and enjoy! They won't last long!
This recipe makes about 3 dozen and they keep well in the freezer.[/print_this]