I hate zucchinis but when they are mixed with chocolate they're tolerable - okay - they're amazing.
The produce section in the grocery store is brimming with zucchinis this time of year and I love getting as many veggies into L'il E as possible so I went on the hunt for a yummy zucchini muffin recipe.
I found one courtesy of Pastry Affair and altered it slightly to accommodate our wheat free diet. They were a hit and L'il E didn't even know he was eating zucchinis.
Wheat-free Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or all purpose white flour)
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl whisk egg, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Mix in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in spelt flour and oat flour until just mixed in.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full and bake for 25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool.