Pancakes are one of my fave brunch items, but since going wheat-free they are rarely an option. I've tried making them with buckwheat flour, Bob's Red Mill gluten free pancake mix, and my own wheat-free all purpose flour mix but each time I'm left feeling deeply unsatisfied.
For the Hubs' Father's Day breakfast I pulled out yet another wheat-free pancake recipe and to our surprise they were actually delicious. Light, fluffy, moist - totally the real deal.
Aching for some pancake love? Try this recipe out!
[print_this]Oat Flour Banana Pancakes
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour (grind up a cup of oats in your coffee grinder)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium bowl stir together mashed banana, lemon juice and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- In another medium bowl mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spoon batter by the 1/4 cup-full onto a lightly greased skillet.
- Butter and smother with maple syrup and banana.
Let me know what you think!