Despite all of the Easter feasting this weekend I was in the mood for some good 'ol comfort food last night for dinner. So, I baked up the ultimate in that category - Mac 'n Cheese. Of course it was a classy spin on the tried and true, courtesy of Gwynny's awesome cookbook My Father's Daughter.
Since we're wheat free I used brown rice elbow pasta and GF breadcrumbs. I also added a layer of salty-licious prosciutto on top. So crispy!
Are you feeling the comfort food vibes?
[print_this]Gluten-free Mac n' Cheese
- 1 lb macaroni (I use Tinkyada, it's the best rice pasta I've tried)
- 1 generous cup mascarpone
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff people!)
- 1/2 cup milk (if you have homo milk use that)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I use GF bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Boil macaroni for 2 minutes less than directed on the package.
- While macaroni is cooking heat mascarpone, milk, nutmeg and Parmesan over medium heat until it all melts together.
- Drain the pasta and pour into a baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture all over pasta.
- Cover top with prosciutto and a mix of bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
We topped our individual servings with peppery arugula and green peas. A perfect treat for the whole family!