healthier blueberry muffins
I recently made these awesome banana-blueberry muffins and yes they're gluten free. So, since my healthy blueberry muffin recipe post is one of the most visited on this blog I thought I would share the latest. Trust me, these will become your new go-to. They're wheat-free and low-sugar. L'il E loves them too!
Want to try?
[print_this]Wheat-free Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1/4 cups ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat over to 325 F and prepare your muffin tin.
- Combine ground almonds, flaxseeds, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, stir in the eggs, yogurt and olive oil.
- Add banana mixture to dry mixture and mix together. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10-15 minutes, then remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy and keep them in the fridge.